- Space figures are figures whose points do not all lie in the same plane.
- Polyhedrons are space figures with flat surfaces, called faces, which are made of polygons.
- Prisms and pyramids are examples of polyhedrons.
- Cylinders, cones, and spheres are not polyhedrons, because they have curved, not flat, surfaces.
- A cylinder has two parallel, congruent bases that are circles.
- A cone has one circular base and a vertex that is not on the base.
- A sphere is a space figure having all its points an equal distance from the center point.
Directions: Answer the following questions. Draw at least 5 space figures on a sheet of paper.