1. Read the problem carefully and note down what is given and what is required.
2. Select a letter say x or y or z to represent the unknown quantity asked for.
3. Represent the word statements of the problems in the symbolic language step by step.
4. Look for quantities which are equal as per conditions given and form an equation.
5. Solve the equation.
6. Verify the result for making sure that your answer satisfies the requirements of the problems.
Directions: Solve the following word problems. Also write at least ten word problem examples of your own.