|Steps to be followed in solving a verbal problem:|
1. Read the problem carefully and note down the quantity asked for.
2. Select a letter to represent the quantity asked for.
3. Write an equation showing the relationship given in the problem statement.
4. Solve the equation obtained in step 3.
5. Check the answer to make sure that it satisfies the condition given in the problem.
Directions: For the following word problems, first write the equation indicated by the problem statement. Then solve the resulting equation and enter the final answer in the space provided.
Also write at least 10 examples of your own.