A circle can be drawn on a paper by moving a pencil along the boundary of a bangle, or a coin etc., or by using a compass and pencil.
Steps for drawing a circle using compass:
Step 1: Fit a small and sharp tipped pencil in the pencil arm of the compass. Fix it firmly by means of the screw.
Step 2: First mark a point, say 'o', on a paper. This will be the center of the circle.
Step 3: Stretch the two arms of the compass to a distance exactly equal to the radius of the circle you want to draw.
Step 4: Now fix the needle of the compass on point 'o' and move the pencil arm to draw the circle.
Directions: Draw the following circles and have them graded by your teacher.
1. Circle with a diamter of 3 cm.
1. Circle with a diameter of 3 cm.
2. Circle with a diameter of 8 cm.
3. Circle with a radius of 5 cm.
4. Circle with a diameter of 1 inch.
5. Circle with a radius of 25 mm.