|Real Numbers R:
- Real Numbers are every number, irrational or rational.
- Any number that you can find on the number line.
- It is a number required to label any point on the number line; or it is a number that names the distance of any point from 0.
- R = Q + Q1
- Natural Numbers are Whole Numbers, which are Integers, which are Rational Numbers, which are Real Numbers.
- Irrational Numbers are Real Numbers, but not all Real Numbers are Irrational Numbers.
|4 || Real, rational, integer.|
|−7 || Real, rational, integer.|
|−½ || Real, rational.|
|9¾ || Real, rational. |
|− 17/5 || Real, rational.|
|1.732 || Real, rational. |
|5.67820820. . .. || Real, rational.|
|7.456057891. . . || Real, irrational. |
|Ö16 = 4 || Real, rational, integer|
|Ö3 || real, irrational|
Directions: Select the type of number in each question. Write at least 5 examples of your own for rational and irrational real numbers.