|Here are the steps in a typical writing process:
1. Doing research and brainstorming
2. Preparing a draft
3. Revising for completeness and organization
4. Editing for grammar and spelling
Here are suggestions for doing research on your topic:
- Talk to your teacher, parent, or a local librarian to find out good sources of information for your topic.
- Collect relevant reference sources such as encyclopedias, atlases, almanacs, fact books, text books, and magazines. Often, websites and other online resources are good sources of information as well. See MyndBook.com/go.php?to=1_877
- Go through your reference sources and take notes.
- Organize your notes, brainstorm, and prepare your first draft.
Directions: Select one of the topics given below, do research, and write an essay.
- My Favorite Sports Hero
- An American President
- Simple Machines
- Your State Government
- World War II
As homework, select another topic from the above list, use MyndBook () to create a note map of your ideas including your research notes; and then write your essay.