|The topic sentence in a paragraph usually (but not always) comes first and tells the main idea of the paragraph. Supporting sentences follow the topic sentence and provide details about the topic.
Directions: Write at least three supporting sentences for each topic sentence below. The first one has been done for you.
1. I like sleep over parties. I like playing and spending time with my friends. At school, we are too busy with our studies to really talk and play. When my friends and I meet for sleep over parties, we really get to talk and play without worrying about time. Sometimes, we stay up till late at night and play video games and board games. We watch T.V. and we talk about our card collections and we have lots of fun. That is why, I like sleep over parties.
2. I want to be an astronaut (doctor, engineer, etc.) when I grow up.
3. I like to play racquetball (soccer, baseball, basket ball, etc.).
4. I want to earn and save money this summer.
5. Our field trip to our state capital was very informative.