- Observe the rows and columns in the table carefully.
- Note that there is an " X " sign which denotes multiplication.
- The number in each row is multiplied by the corresponding number in the same column.
Find the missing number in the table.
To find the missing number, it is under 2 (column - wise) , hence we multiply 5 by 2.
- Look at the first number "1", in the table , multiply it with the first number in the row.
- This gives us 1 * 1, which is 1 and it is written under the column that reads 1.
- Again "1" multiplied by 2, the second element which gives 2 and written under the column that reads 2.
- Hence we multiply each number in the rows with the corresponding numbers in the columns.
Directions: Find the missing number for the following questions, Also write the multiplication table on a sheet of paper.