- Start dividing the dividend by the divisor.
- Look at the first number of the dividend.
- If this number is greater than divisor then divide it by the divisor.
- If this number is less than divisor then choose two digits and divide them by the divisor.
- Look at the first digit of the dividend, it is 2.
- Since 2 is lesser than 4, include the next digit, that makes it 22.
- Now divide 22 by 4, the quotient is 5.
- Write 20 under 22, remainder is 2.
- Now bring down the third digit 6 and place it beside 2, that makes it 26.
- Divide 26 by 4, the quotient is 6 which gives 24.
- The remainder is 2.
- Hence the quotient is 56 and remainder is 2.
Directions: Answer the following questions. Also write at least 10 examples of your own.