Examples: Squares, Triangles, Rectangles, etc.
- Polygons are closed figures that are formed by line segments.
- Each side is a line segment.
- The point where two line segments meet is a vertex.
- The sides do not cross each other and exactly two sides meet at every vertex.
- The segments that form the boundary are sides, which meet at a vertices to form the interior angle.
- If we connect two vertices that are not adjacent on the polygon, we form a diagonal.
Directions: Answer the following questions. Also draw 10 examples of polygons an name the sides, vertices and diagonals on a sheet of paper.