- A three sided figure is called a triangle.
- When we connect three points with line segments, a triangle is formed. We can refer to the triangle as triangle ABC. The points A, B, C are called the vertices of the triangle, and the segments AB, BC, and AC are called the sides.
- A triangle that has two equal sides is called an isosceles triangle.
- A triangle that has three sides equal is called an equilateral triangle.
- A triangle that has one right angle is called a right angled triangle.
- A triangle that has one obtuse angle is called an obtuse angled triangle.
- A triangle that has one acute angle is called an acute angled triangle.
Directions: Answer the following questions. Also draw a triangle and name its angle, vertices and sides.