|Here are the steps in a typical writing process:|
1. Doing research and brainstorming
2. Preparing a draft
3. Revising for completeness and organization
4. Editing for grammar and spelling
Here are suggestions for doing research on your topic:
- Talk to your teacher, parent, or a local librarian to find out good sources of information for your topic.
- Collect relevant reference sources such as encyclopedias, atlases, almanacs, fact books, text books, and magazines. Often, websites and other online resources are good sources of information as well.
- Go through your reference sources and take notes.
- Organize your notes, brainstorm, and prepare your first draft.
Directions: Select one of the topics given below, do research, and write an essay.
- Should the U.S. focus on developing more oil resources, or developing renewable energy sources?
- Discuss how the concept of consumer credit influences our economy.
- Do public servants (teachers, hospital workers, air traffic controllers, etc.) have the right to strike?
- Critically discuss and evaluate arguments both for and against animal rights.
- Should the United States accept refugees into America?
- Should the U.S. continue to use the Electoral College or should the popular vote be considered more important in presidential elections?