- A clock contains two hands, one is the hour hand and the other is the minute hand. The shorter hand is the hour hand, the longer hand is the minute hand.
- When hour hand moves from one number to another number, it takes minute hand one complete circle that is 60 minutes.
- When minute hand moves from one number to another number, it is 5 minutes
- 1 hour = 60 minutes.
- 1/2 hour = 30 minutes
- 1/4 hour = 15 minutes
- Look at the time shown by the clock.
- Write the number that hour hand points to.
- Put a colon :
- To write the number that minute hand points to:
Count by 5, starting from 12. (12 to 1 it is 5. 1 to 2 another 5, 2 to 3 another 5 and so on....5,10,15,20,25....... )
- Time in 15 minutes will be either 15, 30, 45, 00
- If the minute hand points to 12 then write 00.
What is the time shown in the clock?
Answer : 4:00
Directions: Choose the correct time shown in the clock. Also write at least ten examples of your own.