|Directions: Rewrite these short, choppy sentences so that the new sentence has better fluency (it sounds good and has good flow when you read it out loud).
Example: Joe has two favorite sports. Joe's first favorite sport is basketball. Joe's other favorite sport is football. (choppy)
Answer: Joe's favorite sports are basketball and football. (fluent)
- The Beatles were a famous band. The Beatles came from England. The Beatles had their first hit album in 1964.
- John liked to drive his new car. John drove me to the store. John drove very carefully.
- The Egyptians built huge pyramids. The Egyptians used the pyramids as burial tombs for pharaohs and kings.
- Susan makes jewelry. Susan uses lots of beads. Susan strings the beads together.
- I like to read Harry Potter books. Harry Potter books are exciting. Harry Potter books are popular with kids my age.
- There are different types of Mustang cars. One type of Mustang is the Boss 302. Another type is called the Mach I.