|1. There is one-to-one corresponding between the pints of a plane and the ordered pairs of real numbers.
2. The plane is divided into 4 quadrants by the axes of co-ordinates.
3. In a co-ordinate system the horizontal line is called the X-axis and vertical line is called the Y-axis. The point of intersection of these axes is called the origin.
4. In an ordered pair (x,y), x is called the first co-ordinate or X-co-ordinate and y is called the second co-ordinate or Y-co-ordinate.
5. The slope of a line passing through A(x1,y1) and B(x2,y2) is
6. Two lines are parallel if and only if their slopes are equal.
7. The equation of a line passing through the origin with slope m is y = mx.
8. The distance between the points A(x1,y1) and B(x2,y2) is
9. The distance from (0,0) to (x,y) is Ö(x2 + y2).
10. The mid point of the segment joining (x1,y1) and (x2,y2) is
11. The general form of a linear equation is ax + by + c = 0, where, a ¹ 0 and b ¹ 0.
12. The point-slope form of a line
13. The slope-intercept form of a line
14. The equation of a line passing through (x1,y1) and (x2,y2) is
15. The intercept form of a line is
16.The general form of a line is
17. The angle made by a line with x-axis in the anticlockwise direction is called its steepness or inclination.
18. The lines are perpendicular if the product of their slopes is -1.
Directions: Choose the correct answer.