|1. A cone is a pyramid with a circular base.
2. Solid cone: It is the figure in space bounded by the curved surface of the cone and its plane circular end.
3. Curved surface area of a cone = pi * r * l,
4. Slant height, l2 = h2 + r2.
5. Lateral surface area of a cone is equal to pi * r * l.
6. Total surface area of a cone = Lateral surface area + Area of base,
7.Volume of a cone = 1/3 * pi * r2 * h.
8. A circus tent will be generally of the form of hollow cylinder surmounted by a cone.
9. Base of a cone: A cone has a plane surface circular in shape as base.
10. Vertex of cone: It is one end of the cone very far from the base.